Love to shop?

Just a girl with a laptop... this blog discusses the 'Marmite' elements of fashion, shopping and anything in between.
Here you will get news, reviews and attempts of 'witty' observation about the 'stylin' society that we live in
Warning! May contain typical British moaning.

Sunday 11 April 2010

Greater expense doesn't make it better

Looking in the mirror in the mornings can be an alarming experience... like when the eye make-up you failed to remove properly the night before has migrated down the side of your face and resulted in a theatrical ‘zombie’ look.

No-one looks ready for the catwalk in the mornings but the worst problem has to be the ‘bed hair’.

The problem with having short hair, is that it’s hard to control, especially when you frequently wake up looking like Vivienne from the Young Ones.

You’d think that with such a common problem, the standard of hair-styling products would therefore be through the roof- alas no!

I have purchased ‘the latest scientific breakthrough in hair styling products’, more times than I can count... and have been disappointed every time.

My constant search for a decent product as lead me to conduct a trial of three top brands, the results of which, were quite surprising:


1) John Masters organic hair texturizer £17.00


Anything with the word ‘organic’ in the title usually leaves me feeling pretty smug at its purchase but unfortunately the good points end here.

The instructions advise that you use the product sparingly but this resulted in the hair gunk drying out on my hands before it had even reached my head.

Though it did add considerable texture and volume, upon closer inspection I realised that product had dried in snow-like clumps all over my head- not easy to cover-up in April!


2) Toni & Guy texture paste £5.99


Although the fruity smell is enticing, this product is by far the worst.

The thick, wet, moulding gunk, caused my straightened hair to return to it’s curly poodle-like state in an instant, leaving it too heavy and greasy to work with.


3) Lee stafford messed up spray wax £4.49


I love this product.

Everything from the bright pink packaging- which attracts me like a magpie to shiny things, to the great-smelling product within.

It textured my hair brilliantly, leaving it glowing and perfectly styled. I suspect that it wouldn’t have the strength to style longer hair but I definitely recommend it for those with short, to shoulder length locks.

No comments:

Post a Comment